Dr. Shawn Zardouz is the only physician in Newport Beach and one of approximately 400 physicians in the country who is double board certified in pain medicine and Neurology. Dr. Zardouz began his studies at Johns Hopkins University where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Public Health. He earned his medical degree from Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan and graduated with a distinction in biomedical research. He completed his medicine internship at Loma Linda University Medical Center where he was named intern of the year. He then completed his neurology residency at University of California San Diego (UCSD). He stayed an additional year to complete his pain medicine fellowship at UCSD, which is regarded as the top fellowship program in the country by the American Academy of Pain Medicine. He is a highly qualified expert in the fields of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), chronic pain, RSD/CRPS, back and neck pain, whiplash, post-concussion syndrome, whiplash, and various neuropathy conditions.
- Johns Hopkins University – B.A. Public Health
- Wayne State University School of Medicine – M.D.
- Loma Linda University Medical Center – Internship in Internal Medicine
- University of California San Diego (UCSD) – Residency in Neurology
- University of California San Diego (UCSD) – Fellowship in Pain Medicine
- QME (Qualified Medical Examiner)
For more information please visit www.drzardouz.com